How would we be better off if we addressed the gender equality in our profession? In this episode, we’ll be exploring this, and many other questions about how we can address the gender gap in financial planning together.
Diverse teams perform better across industries, and yet the financial planning profession is struggling to bring in and retain diverse talent. During this discussion, we’re tackling the idea that building diverse teams needs to be the way all financial planning practices do business – always.
We’re also going to go over the inevitable uncomfortable conversations that come with growing pains and tackling diversity initiatives. We’re all going to trip sometimes, and perfection is not the point. The point is that everyone, regardless of gender or race, continues to push ahead and focus on improvement.
I hope you enjoy!
I’m proud of the initiatives that are happening to promote gender diversity in this profession, but it should just be how we do business. #Retreat18Click to share
What You’ll Learn:
- Why this profession isn’t necessarily female-friendly
- The “assumptions” that hurt diversity in our profession
- How unconscious bias holds everyone back in some ways
- How to address uncomfortable conversations around diversity in the profession
- The importance of listening to someone else’s viewpoint
- Embracing different communication styles so that everyone gets the space they need to say how they feel
- How to communicate in an assertive but respectful way
- What “sharing stories” looks like – and how we can build a space for that in big and small ways
- Ways that the #MeToo movement is impacting the financial planning industry
- How to address a company culture that doesn’t support diversity, inclusion, and equality